Back home from the sun


I was very lucky to have left for Grenada last Wednesday as I just missed the flight chaos that followed on Thursday. But the last few days was marred by the worry that I would not be able to get back home. I was fortunate to be able to get the first flight off the island on the 21st as Monarch Airlines only flies once a week on a Wednesday so we missed any cancellations unlike the British Airways and Virgin travellers who fly on Mondays and Thursdays.

I cannot imagine what I would be doing if I had been stuck somewhere in Europe where travellers appeared to have tried to get back by long and torturous routes and I hear that many people still cannot get flights for days or even weeks.

I missed my bikes. I wasn’t able to cycle while I was away. It would appear that women don’t cycle in Grenada but that wasn’t the reason why I didn’t cycle. I didn’t get on a bike because it was too hot.

Tried to snap a cyclist while I was travelling on the bus along the coast back to St George's City in Grenada

Comments

Thought for sure you had been ashed.

I've been on the Brompton S2L-X a wee bit this week. It is stinking fast.
Unknown said…
Glad you got back safe and without delay :)

Although, I hope that people reflect upon the peace that resulted from our air-space being grounded. It was wonderful having nice quiet skies.