Christmas with the Brompton





I was away for Christmas but of course I packed the Brompton into the boot of the car with the presents and took it with me. The snow was gone by Christmas Day and I cycled back to Greenwich Park passing the runners and dog walkers. I cycled to the Royal Observatory which was free of tourists due to the holiday and I got a grand if cloudy view.

On Boxing Day the sun was out and I cycled to Ladywell Park. I saw more runners on the paths. I used to go for a run on Christmas Day, but I can’t run everyday unlike with cycling and I don’t need special clothing to do it either. In truth I am a fair weather runner.

I was given a copy of David Byrne’s book Bicycle Diaries for Christmas and I have just started reading. I am keen to know about his travels on his folding bike.

Comments

Dottie said…
That shadow picture is great! I really wish I had a Brompton so I could take it on the plane with me when visiting family. Maybe next year :)
Ernest said…
Congratulations for the blog, it is very amusing.
I have curiosity. Which folding bicycle has David Byrne?
Many graces, and happy 2010.
Ernest from Barcelona (Catalonia) Brompton Orange.
Cycling in Heels said…
Hello Ernest

Thanks for the compliment on the blog.

From what I can work out David Byrne had a folding Montague bike. This bike he recently donated charity to raise money for the London Cycling Campaign. Montague bikes have full size wheels. In the appendix of Byrne’s book he says he has a preference for full size wheel folding bikes so I guess he has another Montague or Dahon who also do full size wheel folders. He does say that he did ride a small wheel Peugeot folding bike for years and while he mentions Brompton I’m not sure if he owns one.

Here is a link to the Montague site if your are interested.

http://www.montaguebikes.co.uk/

PS Love Brompton Orange bikes.