Drinking & riding


I went out for the Christmas dinner (work) in Soho last night. I knew I wasn’t going to drive because I was going to drink some wine. I am not a big drinker or even a regular drinker so I immediately feel the effects of a little wine. I opted to leave the Brompton behind although I could have taken it as I only had one glass. The good thing about having a bike is that you can just walk it home if you can cycle and best thing about a Brompton is that you can get a taxi, bus or train.

I don’t think it’s illegal to cycle while under the influence of alcohol, just risky.

Comments

Miguel said…
In Spain and Germany, at least, a bike is considered a street transportation device and it is illegal to ride one if your blood alcohol level is above 0’25 mg/l.
Cycling in Heels said…
I can see the sense in that, but I can't see how the Police would enforce it in the UK.