Cycle Training Week 3

This week we went hard core. We did roundabouts on a fast dual carriageway. A little scary until you learn how to look and judge what traffic is doing. A lot of cycling is learning to be assertive on the road and paying attention. Contrary to what you fear, most motorists are amiable towards you and as one of our instructors N. a lot of motorists are cyclists too.

As usual I was very tired after the our two hour stint but it was worth it. I don’t know if I would have tackled this without training. I would have never have considered pacing my cycling while looking for a gap in traffic and then signalling and moving out to the right lane to turn. I would have just got to the roundabout and hoped for a gap and if no gap get off the bike and walk around.

We have one more week to go and that’s it, we’re on our own!

Comments