Enjoying the summer


Despite heat exhaustion from Cycle training I got back onto my Brompton and cycled down to Greenwich town centre again. I used my ipod to keep me motivated through the heat but I kept remembering ‘to communicate with the traffic’ so they would know what I was doing and I could be sure that they can see.

The town centre wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be only tourists and cyclists out for a Sunday ride. I guess the locals are either away on holiday or in their gardens preparing barbecues.

I think that cycling is the best way to enjoy the summer. You get the light, sun and your body gets some exercise making you feel better.

The song that got me to Greenwich, ‘Drive in Saturday’ by David Bowie. The songs that got me home, ‘What goes around comes around’ by Justin Timberlake and ‘Fighter’ by Christina Aguilera. Yes they are obvious but they work so I don’t care.

It was the hottest day of the year today.

Black bird at Cutty Sark Gardens

Comments