Sight Seeing



Back on the Bike to do a quick trip to Tottenham Court Road to collect my very tiny (and cheap) lap top that had arrived.

I cycled from Charing Cross Station up Charing Cross Road, up Tottenham Court Road, but walked back to Oxford Street. I then went down Regents Street to Piccadilly Circus and I walked through Leicester Square, back to the Station.

I am not sure if I am more scared of cars, pedestrians or other cyclists. Everyone seems to be going faster than me at times.

On the bike I noticed how much the area had changed. It appears to be now entirely given over to tourists and all the businesses are aimed at them. One thing that made me sad was seeing the closure of the Swiss Centre. It used to have a lovely little display of revolving little puppet like figures that came out when the clock chimed on the hour. Very twee but fascinating.

Comments