Getting faster and stronger

To my shock I found myself at North Greenwich tube station in 35 minutes this morning. A month ago it took me an hour. I was carrying a lot of stuff (book, magazine, sketch book, fruit, water, phone, make-up, ipod, pencil case, Moleskine, digital camera, bike lock and Oyster card) today and I need to reduce the load. It takes me about 8 minutes to sort out the bag, lights and folding the bike. I am stronger and find it easier to navigate escalators and stairs while carrying the bike. More than once I have wished that brought a lighter Brompton. Still I am getting resistance training every time I have to lift the bike. Whoever said that cycling is only good for working out the legs did not own a folding bike.

On my return journey it took me 45 minutes to get back. (More hills.)

I noticed more cyclists out and about. A sign that Spring is on the way.

Comments